Our objects, as set out in Regulation 3 of the Articles, are listed below. They apply to all staff and to all committees and other bodies described in Bloomsbury Institute’s Corporate and Academic Governance Framework:
- to provide high-quality education and vocational training for the benefit of the public in the United Kingdom and worldwide, including the supply of services and of goods closely related thereto, and in particular the provision of education and vocational training whether or not leading to a degree or qualification recognised by relevant professional bodies and/or other competent bodies, such education and vocational training to include the development, delivery and/or awarding of qualifications whether regulated or unregulated, such education and vocational training to be provided by means of full-time, part-time, modular or other types of courses, lectures, seminars, tutorials, workshops, conferences, training, blended learning, distance learning, eLearning or other methods of teaching and learning available now or in the future;
- to establish a self-critical, cohesive academic community that has a commitment to quality assurance supported by effective quality and enhancement systems;
- to support staff to engage in high-quality research;
- to actively promote and apply equality, diversity and inclusion throughout the company, and to promote an inclusive teaching and learning environment;
- to respect the principle of academic freedom, subject to compliance with the company’s equality, diversity and inclusion policies and procedures, and subject to compliance with any legislative or regulatory requirements;
- to respect the principle of freedom of speech for all students enrolled on a course delivered by the company, members of the Bloomsbury Institute Student Guild, staff employed by the company, external speakers, the directors and the shareholders, subject to compliance with the company’s equality, diversity and inclusion policies subject to compliance with any legislative or regulatory requirements; and
- to provide a high-quality student experience.