Skip to content

Student transfers

I want to transfer from another Higher Education Provider to Bloomsbury Institute

We are delighted to consider students who want to transfer to us, providing you meet our criteria below. Typical transfer criteria:

-You meet our academic requirements for the course

-If appropriate we will review any prior study or experience.  You may need to provide a transcript of your progress from your current Higher Education Provider

-There is space on the course

If we cannot offer you a place in your chosen year of study, we may still be able to offer you a place in an earlier year of the course, or for the next academic year.

Please contact our Admissions Team at or on 020 7078 8844 to discuss your options.

I want to transfer from Bloomsbury Institute to another Higher Education Provider

If you are considering leaving us, we would be happy to talk through your options. We recommend that you have a chat with a Student Wellbeing Advisor to be sure that you are making as informed a decision as possible. You can get in touch with SEWS at

Please note that a formal withdrawal form is required by you in order for us to process your withdrawal. If you stop attending classes this doesn’t constitute withdrawal from the course.

If you would like further information on how to obtain a reference and a copy of your transcript, please contact as soon as possible.  You will find withdrawal forms  here Student forms | BIL, and policy here, and  Withdrawal, Study Break and Deferral Policy (

I want to transfer to a different course at Bloomsbury Institute

If you are currently a Bloomsbury Institute student, you may be able to transfer to another course during the same academic year. If this is not possible, we may be able to offer you a place on the course in the next academic year. Please contact for information and advice.

Other things to consider

If you are thinking of changing course there will be a number of things you will need to consider:

  • If you are funded by the Student Loans Company (SLC), you will need to inform them of any changes
  • If you are an international student, you will also need to contact the Compliance team to discuss any changes to your study arrangements. You can contact them via