Bloomsbury Institute is a private company limited by shares, incorporated on 14 August 2002 and registered at Companies House for England and Wales under Company Number 04511191.
The company is owned by shareholders and managed by directors (through a Board of Directors).
The Board of Directors comprises both executive directors (who are also employed by the company to undertake a specific role, e.g. Chief Executive Officer) and independent non-executive directors (who are not employed by the company). The Board of Directors is unambiguously and collectively accountable for the company’s activities, and takes all final decisions on matters of fundamental concern within its remit. Subject to this, the Board of Directors can delegate its powers to committees and/or to an executive (i.e. management).
To see our full organisation structure, click here.
The company has its own Articles of Association (i.e. the company’s constitutional document). The Articles set out, inter alia, the company’s objects and powers, and the rules that relate to how the company operates.
It is through our corporate and academic governance arrangements set out within our Articles and within the Corporate and Academic Governance Framework, that we have established a private company that is significantly different to any other private company that delivers higher education.
The following sections set out some of the main provisions of our corporate and academic governance arrangements:
- Our objects
- Corporate and Academic Governance Framework
- Primary elements, core values and guiding principles
- Annual review and evaluation
- Entrenched provisions of the Articles of Association
- Separation of powers
- Amending the articles and the Corporate and Academic Governance Framework
- Corporate governance arrangements
- Academic governance arrangements
- Financial statements
- Value for money statement – Bloomsbury Institute London (bil.ac.uk)
- Committee minutes
- Office for Students regulatory framework, notices and advice
- Office for Students transparency information