At Bloomsbury Institute we are committed to unlocking the potential of our students by bringing their academic potential to life and delivering high-quality education.
Our mission is to:
- Grow a diverse and dynamic academic community that values curiosity, creativity and critical thinking.
- Nurture a culture that rewards kindness, excellence and accountability to each other, our communities and the world.
- Inspire and support our students and staff to achieve their full potential and make valuable contributions to society.
We nurture students to be confident and independent learners and we are committed to giving them every opportunity to ensure they can engage, progress and graduate. We aim to empower students to take responsibility for their own learning and engagement in our academic community.
We offer courses in accounting, business and law and all our courses have professional body (PSRB) recognition. Our experienced lecturers deliver challenging and engaging modules that are highly relevant to the new graduate working environment. Our academic staff are knowledgeable, skilled and engage with the wider academic community. We apply and maintain high academic standards across teaching, learning and assessment. Our inclusive curriculum and accessible campus enables all our students to participate fully.
Like all higher education providers in the UK, the QAA Quality Code states we must meet certain Expectations for Learning and Teaching. These are:
QAA Quality Code Expectations
- Courses are well designed. provide a high-quality academic experience for all students and enable a student’s achievement to be reliably assessed.
- Effective learning and teaching combines robust pedagogic approaches with relevant discipline knowledge, subject-specific and transferable skills, aligned to provider’s descriptors of graduate attributes, appropriate to the academic level of study and reflective of the changing world. Learning and teaching displays breadth, depth, pace and challenge.
- From admission through to completion, all students are provided with the support that they need to succeed in and benefit from higher education.
- Staff are appropriately supported and developed, in turn, to support their students. Learning and teaching activity is inclusive in its approach, providing all students with parity of quality of learning opportunities, ensuring they are appropriately supported to flourish.
Within the Expectations above, the QAA Quality Code also sets out Core Practices that we need to meet – see below. Go to How we do things to see our approaches in meeting these Core Practices.