NSS results: Students’ satisfaction continues to surpass sector average
Friday 17th July 2020
This builds on last year’s results, which saw our students report 3% higher satisfaction levels than the average recorded by the sector.
The NSS results also show student satisfaction with their overall experience at Bloomsbury Institute growing year-on-year. This year sees a 2% rise compared to last year (87%) and a 14% rise on 2018 (75%).
The NSS is an annual, widely recognised survey of nearly half a million students at universities and institutes across the UK. The NSS asks students their thoughts and opinions about their time in higher education, helping institutes improve and prospective students choose where to study.
Alongside our overall student satisfaction rate, we also outperform the sector in nearly all key themes, including teaching, organisation and management and the student voice:
- The teaching on my course: We received a satisfaction rating of 86.45% whereas the sector average is 83.87%.
- Learning opportunities: 85.98% of our students agreed that we provide a high quality of learning opportunities. The sector average is 88.98%.
- Assessment and feedback: Our students rated us at 79.83% which is 7% higher than the sector average of 72.60%
- Academic support: 83.49% of our students were satisfied with the support on offer, whereas the sector is at 79.43%.
- Organisation and management: 82.87% of our students were satisfied with our organisation and management – 9% higher than the sector average of 73.76%.
- Student voice: once again we outperformed the sector average by over 6%. We received a rating of 80.06% whereas the sector on average received 73.56%.
- The students’ union effectively represents students’ academic interests. Our students were 10% more satisfied at 66.67% compared to the sector average of 55.99%.
As always, a huge thank you to all our students who took part. Your feedback is invaluable.
We’ll be listening to your comments and will continue to make changes to provide the best student experience possible.