Dr Nnamdi Obiosa
Deputy Head of the School of Business and Accounting
I joined Bloomsbury Institute in September 2021 as Deputy Head of the School of Business and Accounting with responsibility for the accounting and finance specialism.
I hold an earned doctorate degree in Banking and Finance. I am a CIMA Qualified Chartered Accountant and Chartered Global Management Accountant, and a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
I am a seasoned financial practitioner and senior academic with many years’ experience. My experience ranges from investment activities to financial markets, financing activities to financial performance reviews. I have been at the forefront of re-engineering financial processes and developing financial management capability through superior system functionality and transformational budgeting.
I bring the knowledge gained in practice to my teaching activities. I have successfully managed academic programmes and departments with responsibility for the development of programmes and line managing academic staff. I engage in wider professional partnerships with professional colleagues in commerce and industry, which helps me to remain current in the finance and accounting field. I have also successfully supervised first degree, master’s degree and doctoral degree students to completion.
In January 2019 I was appointed Subject Cluster Head – Economics, Accounting & Finance at Regent’s University London.
My research and scholarly interests are in Financial Markets, Financial Management, Financial Risk Management and Financial and Management Accounting. My pedagogic interests are in the enhancement of students’ learning experience and assessment practices. I am a keen sports person with an interest in football and athletics.
Qualifications, Affiliations and Memberships
- Doctor of Philosophy, (Ph.D.) Banking & Finance, ‘Multi-Objective Planning Model for Capital Resource Allocation in the Educational Sector of Anambra State’, Ph.D. Thesis, Department of Banking and Finance, University of Nigeria, 1993.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education (PgCHE), University of Westminster, London 2011.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), Credit, University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Nigeria 1989.
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), First Class Honours, Accountancy, Rivers State University of Science & Technology Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt, Nigeria. 1984.
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Associate, Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (ACMA)
- CIMA Member in Practice
- Senior Fellow, Higher Education Academy (SFHEA)
- Fellow, Chartered Management Institute FCMI)
- Member, Institute of Consulting (MIC)
Research and Publications:
- Obiosa, N. (2020). Effects of Students’ Motivation and Engagement on Students’ Satisfaction in a Lecture: Empirical Analysis. International Journal of Instruction, 13(3), 861-876. https://doi.org/10.29333/iji.2020.13357a
- Co-author, Connect Master: Introductory Accounting (digital), McGraw-Hill Education, September 2017, ISBN 9780077185510
- Dadang Prasetyo Jatmiko, Viktor Manahov and Nnamdi Obiosa (2016) “Investigating the determinants of dividend policy in emerging markets using a combination of exploratory variables”, Journal of Investment Management and Financial Innovations, Volume 13, Issue 2, pp. 10 – 17.
- Dadang Prasetyo Jatmiko, Viktor Manahov and Nnamdi Obiosa; (2014), “Does capital market reaction to non-economic factors generate abnormal returns?” Journal of Investment Management and Financial Innovations, Volume 11, Issue 4, pp.66 – 76.
- Nnamdi Obiosa; (2011), (Book review) ‘Corporate Finance European edition’ by Peter Moles, Robert Parrino, David S. Kidwell, WileyPLUS 2011