EDI Academic Lead
While Lecturer and Module Leader at Bloomsbury Institute, I have a variety of roles outside of the Institute.
I am a Visiting Tutor at Henley Business School (University of Reading), Executive Secretary at Commonwealth Research Network on International Business and Executive Director at Commonwealth Businesswomen’s Network.
I have led the Commonwealth’s work on corporate governance as Adviser on Corporate Governance and South Asia to the Commonwealth Business Council (2005-2014). I have also been responsible for the development of the Commonwealth Business Principles and Guidelines on Corporate Governance, working with leading Commonwealth companies. My previous experience also includes managing the South Asia Trade and Investment Network which promoted regional trade and investment.
Highlights of my career include my experience as a Global Market and Industry Analyst at British Airways (1996-2005). I was the only person to have held the role, winning several company awards including the contribution to BA’s Business Principles and Sustainability Policy and industry awards on logistics, trade and strategy.
- Reputational risk, emerging markets, women’s economic empowerment, youth entrepreneurship, Commonwealth, creative industries, diaspora and international trade
- Editorial Advisory Board for the Journal of Business Strategy
- Director and trustee of the University of York ‘York Society’ (travel bursary) fund
- The first Associate Director and a founder member of the National Steering Group of Mosaic (2005-2010), founded by HRH The Prince of Wales, which inspires young people from deprived communities to realise their talents and potential.
- Chair, Director and trustee of the Red Shift Theatre Company (1998-2015), one of the UK’s leading touring theatre companies
Qualifications, Affiliations and Memberships:
- BA (Hons) MBA
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts (RSA)
- Fellow of the Royal Asiatic Society
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
Research and Publications
- Reputational Risk in Centre for Research and Enterprise, Working Paper Series No 4 (LSBM, 2017)
- Chapter on Reputational Risk in Risk Management Handbook (Kogan Page, 2016)
- Chapter on The Promise and Potential of Trade Between Pakistan and India in Regional Integration in South Asia: Trends, Challenges and Prospects (Commonwealth Secretariat, 2014)
- Drafting Panel, BS 13500:2013 Code of practice for delivering effective governance of organizations, the first British Standard for governance (BSI, 2013)
- Co-authored with Dr Shaheena Janjuha-Jivraj, Paving the way to opportunities: women in leadership across the Commonwealth (ACCA and Commonwealth Business Council, 2013)
- Gender and Procurement in Global Supply Chains: Linking Power with Potential in Women’s Leadership for Enterprise, Ministers Reference Book for the 10th Commonwealth Women’s Affairs Ministers Meeting, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 17–19 June 2013 (Commonwealth Secretariat, 2013)