Win a scholarship to summer schools around the world
Start Time: 9:30 am
End Time: 10:30 am
Location: Ballroom, 7 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3RA
As members of the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), our students have the once in a lifetime opportunity to win a scholarship to study at summer schools around the world.
The ACU Global Summer School Grants awards £2000 of funding to study in summer schools at ACU member universities overseas. These summer schools are based in India, Bangladesh, Uganda, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Canada, South Africa, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpar, Gibraltar and New Zealand.
We’ll be holding an information session on Thursday 27 February, 09:30 – 10:30am, at Bedford Square for students interested in hearing more information. To RSVP, please email email@example.com.
More information about how to apply will be given at this session and you’ll also have chance to meet the ACU and ask them any questions you may have.
To be eligible for the scholarship, students will need to meet both of the below criteria:
- Be a registered as a current undergraduate student
- Be a UK citizen, or with UK refugee status.
And you’ll also meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Be from a family with a combined annual parental income of under £25,000
- Be the first person in your family to go to university
- Be a care leaver.
The summer schools available to study at are:
- Christ University, India – India Winter Program: Sustainability Initiatives in India | 12 – 22 December 2020. Themes(s): Sustainable Development
- Daffodil International University, Bangladesh – International Social Business Summer Programme | 10 – 20 July 2020. Theme(s): Social Business
- Kyambogo University, Uganda – Natural Resources and Development Summer School | 29 June – 22 July 2020. Theme(s): Sustainable development, conservation and managing natural resources
- Lovely Professional University, India – Know India Summer Programme | 2 – 13 June / 2 – 13 July 2020. Theme(s): Indian business culture, yoga, Indian history, survival Hindi, cooking and dance
- Nanyang Technological University, Singapore – GEM Trailblazer Summer Programme | 22 June – 31 July (4 or 6 weeks within this period). Theme(s): Language and Cultural Studies, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Creative Design and Media, Business and Management, New Technologies
- NSBM Green University Town, Sri Lanka – NSBM Summer Program | 13 – 23 July. Themes: Sri Lankan culture, history, ecology and economy
- Queen’s University, Canada – Political Studies Summer Institute | 27 June – 11 July. Themes(s): Politics
- SRM Institute of Science and Technology, India – Understanding the Challenges of A Developing Country: Culture, Identity, Development | 28 September – 11 October
- Stellenbosch University, South Africa – Stellenbosch Summer School 2019 | 21 June – 19 July. Themes(s): General Elective (various subjects), Doing Business in South Africa, Learning, Sustainability & Community Engagement, Public Health
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong – International Summer School (July Session) | 29 June – 3 August. Theme(s): Business and Management, Chinese Language (Cantonese/Mandarin)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia – Kuala Lumpur Business Summer Program | 13-26 July 2020 or Putra Agriculture Summer School | 1 – 14 August 2020
- University of Gibraltar – Business Summer School | 13 May – 21 June
- University of Auckland, New Zealand – Screen Tools short course | 22 June – 17 July. Theme: Hands-on filmmaking