Help Joe raise money for Combat Stress

Friday 4th June 2021

Man smilingOn 25 June, Joe Stevens, LLB Course Leader here at Bloomsbury Institute, will be walking the length of Hadrian’s Wall to raise money for Combat Stress.

Combat Stress is the UK’s leading mental health veteran’s charity, dedicated to helping former servicemen and women with mental health problems.

Having been a former military veteran serving in the armed forces for many years, the cause is very close to Joe’s heart and important to us here at Bloomsbury Institute.

Here’s what Joe has to say about his inspiration behind embarking on the challenging walk:

‘In order to celebrate a ‘significant birthday’ I have in June, I wanted to do something challenging whilst raising money for Combat Stress.

Having recently trained as a mental health first aider I recognise how important it is for us all to be aware of issues around our mental health and that anyone, at any time, can become unwell. So, I have decided to walk the length of Hadrian’s Wall!

The walk itself is around 75 miles long from the Solway Firth in the East, to Wallsend near Newcastle in the West, and I intend to walk around 15 miles a day.

This is a challenging walk covering some rugged pathways and hills, but I enjoy a challenge and it is for a great cause.’

To donate to this special cause, please head to Joe’s Just Giving page here.

From all of us at Bloomsbury Institute, we wish Joe all the best on his journey.