Nnamdi O. Madichie
I am currently Research Fellow at the Bloomsbury Institute. Prior to this, I was the Director of the Centre for Research and Enterprise at the Institute between 2015 and 2019. I have also previously held senior academic positions across institutions and geographies such as the University of East London (2003-2008), University of Sharjah, UAE (2008-2013), and the Canadian University Dubai (2013-2015).
Additionally, I am Visiting Professor of Marketing & Entrepreneurship at the Unizik Business School, Awka (Nigeria) as well as External Examiner of the MSc. Entrepreneurship programme at the Liverpool Business School, Liverpool John Moore’s University.
In addition to having published papers in leading journals such the International Marketing Review (CABS 3*), Journal of Environmental Management (CABS 3*), and more recently Computers in Human Behavior (CABS 3*), I have guest-edited special issues of the International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management (Inderscience, 2010), Foresight (Emerald, 2013), and Sports Management & Marketing Special Issue of Marketing Intelligence & Planning (Vol. 34, Issue 2, 2016) and currently the European Journal of International Management (2019-2020).
Qualifications, Affiliations and Memberships
MBA (University of Sheffield), PhD (Sheffield Hallam University), PGCE (University of East London).
Research and Publications
- (2019). Employees’ behavioural intention to smartphone security: A gender-based, cross-national study. Computers in Human Behavior, 106184. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2019.106184 [Co-authored with Ameen, N., Tarhini, A., Shah, M. H.] CABS 3*
- (2019). Are retailers “bagging” the carrier bag levy in England? An exploratory enquiry. Journal of environmental management, 233, 845-853. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvman.2018.12.003 [Co-authored with Jory, S. R., Benamraoui, A., Ruiz-Alba, J. L., & Chistodoulou, I.] CABS 3*
- (2019). Determinants of livelihood choices and artisanal entrepreneurship in Nigeria. International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behavior & Research, 25(4), 674-697. https://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/abs/10.1108/IJEBR-02-2018-0102 [co-authored with Igwe, P. A. & Newbery, R.]. CABS 2*
- (2018). Nascent multinationals from West Africa: are their foreign direct investment motivations any different? International Marketing Review, 35(4), 683-708, https://doi.org/10.1108/IMR-08-2016-0158 [co-authored with Ibeh, K., Awa, I., Makhmadshoev, D]. CABS 3*
- (2017a) Revisiting the European Horsemeat Scandal: The Role of Power Asymmetry in the Food Supply Chain Crisis, Thunderbird International Business Review, 59(6) 663-675, doi:10.1002/tie.21841. [Co-authored with Yamoah, F.] CABS 2*
- (2017b) Accounting-marketing integration dimensions and antecedents: insights from a frontier market, Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, 32(8), 1144-1158, https://doi.org/10.1108/JBIM-10-2016-0246 [Co-authored with Opute, A. P.] CABS 2*