Head of Action Planning
I joined Bloomsbury Institute in June 2021 as the Head of Action Planning, taking up this new post in which I will help the Institution to develop and maintain our action plans and strategic planning approaches.
Using theoretical and practical approaches to understand complex professional tasks and goals, I will be developing methods of working which use frameworks such as the Theory of Change and Activity Theory to help the institute meet its strategic goals and objectives.
I have been working in higher education for over a decade, having worked in admissions at five different institutions including Kings College London, Salford University and most recently UCFB where I was the Head of Admissions & Application Compliance.
I have been studying and researching Higher Education since 2013 when I enrolled on a PGCHE programme in Academic Practice at St Mary’s University, Twickenham. Moving on to the UCL Institute of Education, I continued my study into higher education policy, widening participation and social inclusion, admissions practices and the private higher education sector in England.
I’m currently a doctoral candidate at the University of Manchester researching admissions policy and the role of individuals in shaping institutional actions.
Prior to working in education, I studied a HND in Music Production and a BSc top-up programme in Professional Sound and Video Technology.
In my spare time, I’m a keen collector of books and records and an amateur but enthusiastic chess player.
Qualifications, Affiliations and Memberships
- HND Music Production – School of Sound Recording
- BSc (Hons) – Professional Sound and Video Technology (Top -up) – Salford University
- PGCert Academic Practice (Higher Education) – St Mary’s University
- MA Higher & Professional Education – UCL Institute of Education
- Doctoral researcher (Doctorate in Education) – University of Manchester
- Fellow – Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- Member – Association of University Administrators (MAUA)
Research and Publications