English language requirement
You must prove your knowledge of the English language when you make your Student visa application (unless you are exempt**).
You can prove your knowledge of English by achieving any English test or academic English qualification on the following link: English Language Entry Requirements
For the IELTS Academic test, we accept the following scores for our courses:
- IELTS Academic 5.5 overall with all components at 5.5 or above (for all 4-year undergraduate courses)
- IELTS Academic 6.0 overall with all components at 5.5 or above (for all 3 and 2-year, 1-year undergraduate courses and 1-year MBA and MSc Management postgraduate courses)
Please note that all English tests must not be more than two years from the date of submitting your online Student visa application.
Indian Standard XII/Higher Secondary Certificate
Undergraduate courses – In addition to all the above qualifications, we also accept the following academic Indian Standard XII/Higher Secondary Certificates issued by Central Government Boards only with the required scores:
|Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE)||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|4-year undergraduate courses||65%||65%|
|3, 2 and 1-year undergraduate courses||70%||70%|
Indian Standard XII/Higher Secondary Certificate issued by State Boards are not accepted.
Post-graduate courses – We accept a bachelor’s degree qualification with a Medium of Instruction English obtained within the last 6 years and an Indian Standard XII/Higher Secondary Certificate with a 70% score from any board.
Please note: For our undergraduate courses you must have obtained the academic English qualification within the last 5 years. For our postgraduate courses, you must have obtained the academic English qualification within the last 10 years.
The English Password Skills Solo Test*
Our English Password Skills Solo test costs approximately £72 in total to take, but we make this payment on your behalf for your first attempt only, to support you through the application process.
For this reason, your test results cannot be used for admission to any other college of university. If you require a second attempt, you will need to make a payment of approximately £72 to us and we will provide you with the test details and access. Please note that you will not be permitted to take this test more than twice in one academic year. For more information on this test, please click here
Exemptions from providing an English language qualification**
You will be exempt from providing an English language qualification if:
- You completed a GCSE, A Level or Scottish Higher in English in the UK, which was commenced before you turned 18 The qualification must be in English literature or English language. The qualification must be in English literature or English language and be issued by an Ofqual, SQA, Qualifications Wales or CCEA regulated awarding body in the UK. You must also have undertaken your education at a UK based school.
- You are a national of a majority English speaking country.
- You previously completed an academic qualification equivalent to a UK degree which was taught in a ‘majority English-speaking’ country.
- You previously completed an academic qualification equivalent to a UK degree course which was taught in a “non-majority English-speaking” country and the qualification: was taught in English; is equivalent to a UK bachelor’s level degree or above; and is academic, not technical or professional.
- You obtained an academic degree qualification from an educational establishment in the UK, which is a bachelor’s degree or above.
You can find more details about these exemptions here.
If you have any questions regarding the English Password Skills Solo test or any of the above information, please contact our Compliance Manager at email@example.com or call us on +44(0)20 7078 8843.