English language requirement
You must prove your knowledge of the English language when you make your Student visa application (unless you are exempt**).
You can prove your knowledge of English by achieving any English test or academic English qualification on the following link: English language entry requirements
For the IELTS for UKVI Academic, we accept the following scores for our courses:
- IELTS for UKVI Academic 5.5 overall with all components at 5.5 or above (for all 4-year undergraduate courses)
- IELTS for UKVI Academic 6.0 overall with all components at 5.5 or above (for all 3 and 2-year, 1-year undergraduate courses and 1-year MBA and MSc Management postgraduate courses)
Please note that all English tests must not be more than two years from the date of submitting your online Student visa application.
India English language requirement
If you are from India, you can prove your knowledge of English by achieving any English test or academic English qualification on the following link: India English language entry requirements
The English Password Skills Test*
Our English Password Skills Test costs approximately £72 in total to take, but we make this payment on your behalf for your first attempt only (once you have been made a Conditional Offer), to support you through the application process. For this reason, your test results cannot be used for admission to any other college or university.
The test is taken online. It can be taken anywhere that you have access to a compatible computer and a stable internet connection with a minimum download and upload speed of 1MB.
If you require a second attempt, you will need to make a payment of approximately £72. However you will not be permitted to take this test more than twice in one academic year.
For full information on this test, please click here.
Exemptions from providing an English language qualification**
You will be exempt from providing an English language qualification if:
- You completed a GCSE, A Level or Scottish Higher in English in the UK, which was commenced before you turned 18 The qualification must be in English literature or English language. The qualification must be in English literature or English language and be issued by an Ofqual, SQA, Qualifications Wales or CCEA regulated awarding body in the UK. You must also have undertaken your education at a UK based school.
- You are a national of a majority English speaking country.
- You previously completed an academic qualification equivalent to a UK degree which was taught in a ‘majority English-speaking’ country.
- You previously completed an academic qualification equivalent to a UK degree course which was taught in a “non-majority English-speaking” country and the qualification: was taught in English; is equivalent to a UK bachelor’s level degree or above; and is academic, not technical or professional.
- You obtained an academic degree qualification from an educational establishment in the UK, which is a bachelor’s degree or above.
You can find more details about these exemptions here.
If you have any questions about the English Password Skills test or any of the above information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.