International Students

We require a little extra information from international students. But, don’t worry, we’ve outlined what exactly we need, and the processes involved below.

Student route

If you are applying to the new Student route you will need to demonstrate they that you meet the required 70 points.

To achieve the required points, you will need to show that:

  • You have been offered a place on a course and have received a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) – 50 Points
  • You can speak, read, write and understand English – 10 Points
  • You have enough money to support yourself and pay for any outstanding course fees – 10 Points

Equivalent qualifications

Because there are so many international qualifications out there, it’s difficult to put together a list of all the equivalent qualifications we accept. We encourage you to contact us about your qualifications, that way we can talk through your options and what courses are best for you. Email us now.

Supporting documents

You will need the below documents to enrol on a course with us:

  • Current and valid passport/travel document
  • Previous UK Visas
  • Your original transcripts and certificates
  • Personal statement
  • Evidence of maintenance
  • Proof of English language proficiency*
  • Tuberculosis certificate (for countries listed on the UKVI website)
  • Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) from us once you fulfil all the requirements

* Individuals may be exempt under specific conditions outlined by UKVI

Depending on your circumstance, you may be required to provide more documents. More information about the supporting documents required for your visa application can be found here.

Application costs

A Student Visa will cost £348 for a standard application (which takes 15 working days) if applied for from outside the UK. However, you can pay for a faster service where you will need to pay the following costs:

  • an additional £220 for a priority service which takes 5 working days; or
  • an additional £956 for a super priority service which take up to 24 hours.

You will need to check if these additional services are available in your country by visiting the following link.

You will also need to pay £470 per year for the Immigration Health Surcharge as part of your application. This gives you access to the UK’s National Health Service on generally the same basis as a UK permanent resident. More information can be found here.

Can I work as well as study if I have a Student Visa?

Yes. The main purpose of a student visa under the Student Route is that you come to the UK for study, however, as we are a student sponsor with track record, our students are permitted to work up to 20 hours per week during term time (full time during the holidays).

When do I need to apply for a Student Visa Extension? 

We can also help you if you need to apply for an extension to your existing Student visa in order to finish your degree. You should apply for a visa extension well in advance of its expiry date via UKVI.

For more information about applying via the student route, please click here.


International students may be eligible to apply for a scholarship. For more information, please email

Have any questions?

Please don’t hesitate to speak to us! We’re here to help you and answer any questions or worries you may have.

Email us on

Start your degree January 2022

Discover Bloomsbury Institute - attend our next Open Day on 27 October

Visit our state-of-the-art campus

Meet our current students

Get help with your application

Register Now