I spent the first ten years of my career working for the Bank of England (primarily in their International Division and their Banking Supervision Division). I then moved into the education sector, taking up the position of Departmental Manager at the Language Centre at Royal Holloway, University of London. After two years, I moved to King’s College London where I spent nearly 18 years in a similar role as Departmental Manager in their English Language Centre.
In 2015 I joined Bloomsbury Institute to work within its Quality Department, becoming Head of Quality in 2016. However, in 2019 I was appointed to a new position within Bloomsbury Institute – that of Head of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (whilst maintaining my role as Company Secretary and Prevent Lead). In 2023 I was appointed Head of Governance and Company Secretary – a role that includes oversight of both Bloomsbury Institute’s compliance activities (including the role of Prevent Lead) and equality, diversity and inclusion activities.
I am passionate about providing our students with a high-quality academic experience and issues around equality and diversity. I have had the perfect opportunity to combine these two interests over the last year through my participation in a QAA Collaborative Enhancement Project that looked at the improvement of student learning by linking inclusion/accessibility and academic integrity. Outside of work, I enjoy swimming although it is very much a case of stamina over speed and style!
Qualifications, Affiliations and Memberships
- BA (Hons) French
- Governance Professionals in HE Certificate
- Advance HE – Race Equality Charter for Small and Specialist Institutions Design Group
- IHE Access and Participation Network
- IHE Demonstrating Inclusive Cultures Working Group
- London Higher Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Network
- London Higher Home from Home Project Group
- Prevent HE Network
- Access and Participation Committee (Chair)
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee (Chair)
- Senior Management Team
Head of Governance and Company Secretary