Dr Knowledge C. Mpofu
I graduated in executive Organisational Leadership programme from the University of Oxford – Said Business School. I am an experienced and dynamic professional with skills and expertise in Organisational Leadership, Strategic Management and Change Management. I have a wealth of experience and skills gained from working as a Senior Lecturer, Module Leader and Course Leader in higher education. I have taught at both undergraduate and postgraduate for more than 10 years at different universities in the UK.
I was nominated and received the ‘Best Lecturer award’ (2016) for teaching excellence at Bloomsbury Institute. I have experience of working in diplomatic environments as a Regional Assessor (Southern Africa) for the Commonwealth Chevening Scholarship Programme, funded by the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations. I hold a PhD from Brunel University (West London), sponsored by Buckinghamshire New University. I am a Fellow of the UK Higher Education Academy (HEA) and hold a PRINCE2 qualification in Project Management. I have membership to the Pembroke College (Oxford) with enormous benefits from the Oxford Business Alumni Network.
I am an active researcher with interest and passion in education, leadership development consultancy, SMEs, project management and international development focusing on developing countries. The Oxford qualification in executive Organisational Leadership equipped me with valuable skills, a strategic mindset and specialist knowledge relevant for more challenging leadership and management roles in both public and private organisations.
Affiliations and Memberships:
- Membership to the Oxford Business Alumni (OBA) Network
- Associate Member of Pembroke College (University of Oxford);
- Fellowship to the Higher Education Academy (HEA)
- Membership to the British Academy of Management (BAM)
- Associate Member of the British Computer Society (AMBCS) with PRINCE2 project Management qualification
- Membership to the Emerald Literati Network Membership
- Membership to the Institute for Small Business & Entrepreneurship (ISBE)
- Book Reviewer (Strategy) panel member – University of Oxford
Research and Publications:
- Mpofu K. C. and Madichie N. O. (2018) Leading Organisational Change at a London Alternative Provider of Higher Education. British Academy of Management (BAM2018) Conference. Bristol Business School – University of the West of England (UWE).
- Madichie N, Mpofu K. C and Kolo J (2017) International Entrepreneurship Challenges of African Telecoms – A two-country/ two-case illustration. “The International Entrepreneurship: Trends, Challenges, Achievements,”6-9 June 2017, St Constantine and Helena Resort, Varna, Bulgaria.
- Mpofu K. C (2017) Leading organisational change at London School of Business and Management. University of Oxford, Said Business School. Postgraduate Diploma in Executive Organisational Leadership.
- Madichie N, Mpofu K and Kolo J (2016) Entrepreneurship Development in Africa: Issues, Challenges and Opportunities. Book Chapter: ‘Insights from Nigeria and Zimbabwe’s Telecoms Sector’ African Study Centre, University of Leiden, Netherlands.
- Madichie N, Mpofu K. C and Kolo J (2016) An Exploration of High Performance Teams: Insights from UK Higher Education (HE). LSBM Annual Teaching & Learning Conference, July 2016
- Mpofu, K. C (2015) ‘Building networks for success of SMEs in Africa.’ A Guide to Commonwealth Markets. Published by Globaltrader in association with the British Chambers of Commerce and the Institute of Export (IOE). Available as an E-book http://commonwealth.gtglobaltrader.com.
- Mpofu, K. C. and Gono S. (2014) ‘Exploring inter-relationships between ICT adoption factors: Insights from SMEs in countries of southern Africa.’ Institute for Small Business & Entrepreneurship (ISBE) Conference, Manchester, UK.
- Mpofu, K. C. and Watkins-Mathys, L. (2011) ‘Understanding ICT Adoption in the Small Firm Sector in Southern Africa.’ Journal of Systems and Information Technology, Vol. 13 (2), pp 179 – 199. Emerald Group Publishing Limited.
- Mpofu, K. C.; Watkins-Mathys, L. and Milne, D. (2009) ‘ICT Adoption and Development of e-business among SME in South Africa.’ Institute for Small Business & Entrepreneurship (ISBE) 32nd Conference, Liverpool, UK. Award-winner: Best academic research paper in the track of ‘ICT, IT and E-Business in the Small Firm Sector.’ (http://www.isbe.org.uk/)