Senior Lecturer: Law
I have taught LL.B, LL.M and CILEx courses at the University of Westminster, the University of Portsmouth and Buckinghamshire New University.
My research interests are primarily in Intellectual Property Law, European Union Law and International Law. However, my broader research interests include: Environmental law, Law and Sustainability, Legal research methods, Constitutional Law, Competition Law, Consumer Law and International Trade Law.
Qualifications, Affiliations and Memberships
I hold an LL.B(Hons) degree from University of Wales and an LL.M in International Commercial Law from Northumbria University. I am currently finishing a PhD at the University of Northampton. I am a member of the Society of Legal Scholars and the Socio Legal Studies Association.
Research and Publications
- Jack-Osimiri, C., and Hallam, J. (2018) ‘Intellectual Property Law and Agroecology: Towards a more Sustainable Future’. Paper presented at The University of Warwick Conference, 14th June 2018. Theme: Plant Variety Protection Debates: Connecting Law, Science and Social Science.
- Jack-Osimiri, C. (2018) An Empirical and Comparative Analysis of UK Courts and The CJEU Decisions in Trademark Law: Lessons Learned from the Ties that Bound. Paper presented at the 2018 Conference of the Socio-Legal Studies Association. University of Bristol, 27–29 March 2018. https://www.slsa2018.com/conference-programme
- Legal Reasoning and the doctrine of precedent in EU Trademark law; creativity versus constraint in judicial interpretation, University of Northampton Staff Paper Series. 01/01/2015.
- Judicial Interpretation in EU Trademark Cases and the Inconsistent Rationales: Linking Theory and Interdisciplinary Research Methodology. Society of Legal Scholars Conference Paper, 9th-12th September 2014 at the University of Nottingham, UK. http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2444270
- The Legacy of Legal Ambiguity and Uncertainty in the European Trade Mark Directive. The University of Northampton Annual Graduate School Researchers Conference Paper, 26th June 2014 at the University of Northampton, UK. http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2444260
- The Interplay of European Intellectual Property Law Tensions in Selected Case laws: Inadequacies in the Current Trademark System. http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2489262