Head of School of Business and Accounting
I currently oversee the delivery of Business Management and Accounting courses at Bloomsbury Institute. I am also a Programme Leader for our Advance HE accredited framework, In-Bloom.
Before joining Bloomsbury Institute over three years ago, I worked at several higher education institutions, including University College London, King’s College London and the University of Birmingham.
I studied English and Economics at The John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin, Poland, and I have a Master’s degree in English Philology, with a teaching specialisation that has afforded me QTS status. I have broad experience teaching Business subjects at various levels, English for Academic Purposes and academic skills courses.
My areas of interest include Widening Participation, academic integrity matters, technology-enhanced learning, and Shakespearian drama. In my spare time, I love watching Peppa Pig and exploring theme parks with my 4-year old daughter!
Qualifications, Affiliations and Memberships
- Master of Arts, English Philology – teacher specialisation
- Senior Fellow of Higher Education Academy (SFHEA)
- Member of the Chartered Management Institute (MCMI)
- Qualified Teacher Status
Research and Publications
I am currently conducting research in the areas of teaching and learning Widening Participation students in the UK and academic integrity matters.
- Krajewska, A. (2019) Attitudes to Eradicating Contract Cheating and Collusion amongst Widening Participation Students in the UK: Reflections from Foundation Year Students at Bloomsbury Institute. Paper presented at the joint 5th International Conference Plagiarism across Europe and Beyond and 3rd International Conference Shaping Ethics in Academia and Society, European Network for Academic Integrity (ENAI), Vilnius, Lithuania, 19-21 June. Extended abstract available here: http://academicintegrity.eu/conference/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/ABSTRACT-BOOK-2019.pdf
- Krajewska, A. and Hillman, N. 2018. Tackling Student Plagiarism in UK Higher Education. Westminster Higher Education Forum Keynote Seminar: Priorities for quality assurance in UK HEIs – grade inflation, tackling plagiarism, and the future of degree classification, 20th March, London.
- Krajewska, A. and Ironmonger T. 2018. Confession Tapes: What We Have Learned From Academic Integrity Interviews. LSBM Teaching and Learning Conference 2018 Beyond metrics: Measuring the immeasurable in Higher Education, 10th July, London.