Prepare for your pre-CAS credibility interview
A pre-CAS credibility interview is an interview we conduct to help you prepare for your UKVI credibility interview, to reduce your chances of a credibility visa refusal.
Interviews will be conducted electronically or via telephone.
It is important to note that if you receive a credibility visa refusal, any subsequent visa applications may also be at a higher risk of being refused. It is therefore essential for you to prepare well for the pre-CAS interview in order to do well in the UKVI credibility interview.
Preparing for your interview
Here are some questions we may ask you during your interview:
- Why did you choose to study at this institution? What made this institution stand out from the rest? Consider what your reasons are for choosing to study at this institution.
- What was the last course you did? Think about your last studies. Account for any study gaps.
- Why did you choose to study this course? Think about how your previous study may relate to your chosen course.
- What modules will you study on the course? Also, research on the course modules including the grades and marks required to pass the modules.
- What are your future career plans? Have you researched any organisations you might like to work for in the future including the salary?
- Why have you chosen to study in the UK? There are many countries which offer a high standard of education all around the world, so why did you choose the UK?
- Where would you live in the UK? Have you looked at accommodation options? Consider your reasons for choosing that accommodation.
- How will you fund your studies? Who is going to sponsor you financially?
Hints and tips
- You will need to demonstrate that you have conducted detailed research.
- You should be able to back up all your answers, including opinions, with objective facts found through research.
- You must not provide rehearsed or memorised answers.
- You must ensure that you listen to and understand the question being asked and give an appropriate and full answer that is relevant to the question. You may ask the question to be repeated if you did not hear it clearly or are unsure, or you may ask the interviewer to reword the question if you did not understand it.
For more information, please contact the Compliance Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +44(0)20 7078 8840.