Financial support for families

Studying for a degree is a huge commitment, but it should always complement your life outside of your studies, especially if you’re a parent. To help pay for childcare, the UK Government offers a range of financial support to parents.

Depending on the age of your child/children, these include tax-free childcare, hours of free childcare, tax credits for childcare and universal credit.

As a student in full-time education, you are also eligible to a weekly grant to help pay for childcare costs for children under 15.

To find out about the financial support available, and to see if you’re eligible, head to the Childcare Choices.

You can also find out if you’re entitled to any other government financial support while you study on the Turn2Us website.