I have been a Non-Executive Director at Bloomsbury Institute since 2016. I act as Chair of the Remuneration Committee and in 2018 I also became Chair of the Audit Committee.
I have over thirty-five years’ experience in legal education. Outside of Bloomsbury Institute I currently act as a consultant for a number of professional awarding bodies and educational institutions. I have been the head of a law school for the past ten years, and have won several student-led awards. These include:
- The Law Student award, ‘Lecturer of the Year’ for the past three years
- Numerous Golden Apple Awards for ‘exceptional teaching and commitment to the student experience’
- The National Enterprise Educator award, ‘Enterprise Educators for those Transforming the Enterprise Curriculum’, awarded by the National Council for Graduate Entrepreneurship
- A nomination for the national ‘Law Teacher of the Year’ award for outstanding contribution to student experience of international students, sponsored by Oxford University Press.
In my spare time I have thoroughly enjoyed being a Parent Governor and Chair of both the Personnel Committee and the Board of Governors of a local infant and junior School. I also regularly volunteer with a local Citizens Advice. Here I support clients with applications for Universal Credit; citizenship and living in the UK issues and with Housing and local services issues amongst other things.
My particular teaching interests include: Corporate Law, Contract Law and the Legal System. I have published extensively in REF journals around the areas of legal education and international investment agreements. I have also contributed to previous REF Exercises.
Qualifications, Affiliations and Memberships
LLM; LLB; FHEA; MCInstArb; AMChIM; MCollT
- Member University Academic Board
- Chair of Selection and Recruitment
- Chair Quality Assurance Committee
- Chair Student Appeals Committee
- Member Faculty External Funding Committee
- Member Academic Policy and Regulation Committee